• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Snow Watch 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frosty outside this morning. No snow.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Sell in February, or if you’re Scooter, buy in January, sell in July.
      Santa rally of stock markets most likely from about middle of next week up until first week of Jan. Buy, buy, buy, bye bye!
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Snowed overnight. About 5mm. My daughter took the 4x4 to drive to work, instead of her motorbike.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No snow forecast but cold. -7c last night warming up to -2c. Main Council Offices closed due to icy conditions. So the largest office complex is almost empty but has the heating full on, 72" screens left on and hundreds of PCs running in an almost empty building.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	64251-f2ba9d5e-da6e-42f8-8330-79963612f7c6.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	4245787
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

However, motoring-wise, driving standards in winter conditions have not improved over the decades, in fact, they have got worse with the reliance on 4x4s, crossovers etc, with traction control. In the end, it comes down to driving skills and winter tyres and common sense.

My winter-snow kit includes a foldup shovel, a small bag of grit, some food and a sleeping bag. At least 1/2 tank of fuel at all times. I carry chains but have only used them once in 40 years in the UK. Three peak tyres are fantastic and my FWD car and I easily pass struggling 4x4s using summer tyres.

This.

The grip from a 2WD car on winter (or all season) tyres is impressive and, coupled with a modicum of talent, will cope very well during the winter, out-performing the modern batch of 4x4 SUVs on summer rubber.

I additionally run an older (late 90s) 4x4 estate on all season tyres, and ground clearance issues aside, there isn't many places that won't go .
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Back OT:

Tad chilly this morning, -4 overnight, heavy frost first thing. +1.4 currrently.

No snow (no show for the eskimo)
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Got some dusting in the area yesterday, today it's half melting, half ice in places. Absolutely no grit anywhere, apparently councils are not too bothered with pavements / bike roads - usual feck it all attitude. Good luck to elderly people trying to not kill themselves...

Comment

-8 overnight. -3 now, but sunny.

More snow excepted Tuesday and Wednesday.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Next week is forecast to reach 12c to 13c. No doubt December will become the warmest on record.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X