• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just received my Notice of Intended Prosecution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my Notice of Intended Prosecution

For speeding. Considering I'm one of the most sensible slow drivers on the planet, it's quite funny really.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    For speeding. Considering I'm one of the most sensible slow drivers on the planet, it's quite funny really.
    Yep. I challenged a 31mph on a 30mph dual carriageway and ended up with a £350 fine and 3 points. Just pay up.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I just did online. 37 in a 30. Was one of those large wide straight roads which no signage, being a 30, but feels like a 40 and I wasn't paying enough attention.

Next time will cycle and shout at the speeding motorists

Comment

I'm one of the most sensible slow drivers on the planet

I wasn't paying enough attention.
        These seem a bit at odds. The most sensible drivers pay attention when driving no matter how slowly.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

These seem a bit at odds. The most sensible drivers pay attention when driving no matter how slowly.
          Well I've been driving nearly 40 years and this is my first driving offence. Never even had a parking ticket before.

Comment

I wasn't paying enough attention.
            That’s much worse offence …

Comment

Well I've been driving nearly 40 years and this is my first driving offence. Never even had a parking ticket before.
              Not your first driving offence for sure, but first time caught

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That’s much worse offence …
                What I mean is the road didn't change in any way, but there is a tiny stretch of 30 limit in between two 40 MPH sections. A license to print money for police officer who was hiding behind a large tree there.

Comment

I just did online. 37 in a 30. Was one of those large wide straight roads which no signage, being a 30, but feels like a 40 and I wasn't paying enough attention.

As soon as I am in a restricted area, I set the speed limiter to 20, 30 or 40. If need it can be overridden by pressing the accelerator to the floor.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Point of order. Any road with streetlights at regular intervals is de facto a 30mph limit unless otherwise stated by relevant signage and repeaters. Why do you think there are NSL repeaters along urban motorways?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X