• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain mulls Swiss-style ties with Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The government believes EU relations are thawing and could lead to ‘frictionless’ trade

Senior government figures are planning to put Britain on the path towards a Swiss-style relationship with the European Union.

The move, intended to forge closer economic ties, is likely to infuriate hardline Conservative Brexiteers.

Jeremy Hunt, the chancellor, last week signalled that Rishi Sunak’s administration intends to break from the approach adopted by Boris Johnson and remove the vast majority of trade barriers with the bloc.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...sels-nr0f7fw2k

Fantastic - taking all EU rules without say

Get ready for “cohesion patments” to EU - 350 mln per week I reckon

If you're looking to boost economic growth, this is a far easier win than trying to fix the UK's entrenched low productivity.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

The Swiss government proposed joining the EU. The constitution required a referendum, which the government lost. There's no requirement for a referendum for bilateral agreements, so the Swiss government went that way.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Swiss-style sounds like an own brand fake muesli
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Yeah, but at least you’ll be eating!

Comment

Didn't it cost about £36bn to leave the EU?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Full of dust, and no substance. Sounds about right fir these Tories.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
              X