• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Cox Squared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Cox Squared

Or computer says "No"

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...l-receptionist

It adds a whole new meaning to double booking. Or perhaps it’s more of a mathematical problem: solve Brian Cox squared? But when the question was raised by a hotel receptionist, it was left to an actor and a physicist to find an answer.
    Brian Cox, the former musician turned physics professor, was the first to encounter the problem when attempting to get a key to his room in the hotel in which Brian Cox, the Scottish actor best known for starring in Succession, was also staying before a joint TV appearance.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Wow. John Smith must have problems at that hotel.

My guess is that both rooms were booked at the same time, and it became two rooms for Brian Cox. Not one room each for two Brian Coxes.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Saw that on TV. Forget which program.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I was an undergraduate with Brian Cox.

it was obvious back then he didn't have it in him to work for an investment bank.

The man is the Jamie Oliver of Physics.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
          I was an undergraduate with Brian Cox.

it was obvious back then he didn't have it in him to work for an investment bank.

what rich and on tv?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            Even if. it's true, I'm not sure that's as bad a thing as you seem to think it is. Anything which popularises and/or explains in relative clarity and/or captures a wide audience for difficult stuff like "science" isn't a bad thing, and Cox does that reasonably well.
            Chief Executive, FCSA
            - Former CEO OF IPSE
            - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
            - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bryce View Post

Even if. it's true, I'm not sure that's as bad a thing as you seem to think it is. Anything which popularises and/or explains in relative clarity and/or captures a wide audience for difficult stuff like "science" isn't a bad thing, and Cox does that reasonably well.
              Indeed Oliver & Cox both make their subject approachable to the common person.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X