• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

let them eat steak!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let them eat steak!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rotesters.html

Police force is 'running out of vegan meals' because they arrested so many Just Stop Oil protesters during M25 protest
    • Essex Police is ‘running out of vegan meals’ following Just Stop Oil protests
    • The group brought chaos to the M25 and a police motorcyclist was thrown
    • The force went on to arrest and charge 17 activists with the disruption
    Many of the protestors are being held in jail whilst awaiting their first court appearance, leaving the force scrambling for £1 vegan ready meals.

‘The last couple of months we have come very close to running out of vegan ready meals,’ a police source said.

Sorry they them t*ssers that made me laugh.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I thought the entire of vegan meals that it was cheaper?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

To be fair I expected them to only supply allergy free vegan foods to prisoners. It ticks all the boxes no dairy, halal by design etc.

Comment

How about the judicial use of the phrase "You will eat what is put in front of you!" - who knows, this may act as a deterrent!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          It would be if they did it properly and gave them raw fruit, veg and cereal that's been handpicked and brought on horse and cart to the nick.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            How about the judicial use of the phrase "You will eat what is put in front of you!" - who knows, this may act as a deterrent!
            Human Rights.

Being Vegan is a protected characteristic.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...tribunal-rules

Yeah I know the link is only to an employment tribunal but do your really want them to clog up the Courts with it? Especially when a few of them will deliberately confuse the issue by changing religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

It would be if they did it properly and gave them raw fruit, veg and cereal that's been handpicked and brought on horse and cart to the nick.
              It doesn't have to be organic or not have tulip in the manure.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

To be fair I expected them to only supply allergy free vegan foods to prisoners. It ticks all the boxes no dairy, halal by design etc.
                Agreed, the only option for prisoners should be vegan food served with tap water. It is cheap, 100% Halal, and saves the human race from the impending Climate Disaster.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Is dietary choice a protected characteristic or whatever the term is - are they obligated to provide vegan/veggie meals? Observing medical requirements is obviously different.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Is dietary choice a protected characteristic or whatever the term is - are they obligated to provide vegan/veggie meals? Observing medical requirements is obviously different.
                    both Judaism & Islam are fairly enlightened when eating under duress. Basically ask for forgiveness not die.

Not sure about militant veganism.

Comment

Working...
                    X