• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B'stard energy companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B'stard energy companies

My MIL died earlier this year and we decided to sell the flat. The energy company had recently changed from SSE to OVO and we had a £530 credit balance I closed the account and provided the final readings and thankfully took photos of the meter readings. Time dragged on and we heard nothing and after a couple of phone calls made a complaint which again went unanswered even though their own terms dictate a 10 day response. More calls (each taking >40mins to get through) and they just repeated that they couldn't refund because there was a complaint outstanding and something about an investigation being needed because there was some discrepancy somewhere. As nothing was happening and they were sitting on our money I opened a case with the ombudsman and provided the evidence which included all phone calls (our VOIP provider provides a call recording facility as standard) and FB posts (only other contact route that worked) on the matter. Tomorrow is the deadline for them responding to the case and as if by magic they've contacted me for the first time today by email to inform that my refund will be in the bank account within 10 days But why string it out when if the other way round they'd have already sold the debt on and sent the bailiffs in

Why? Incompetency mainly. It only gets actioned once it reaches a certain level.

Let's see what happens in 10 days.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
      My MIL died earlier this year and we decided to sell the flat. The energy company had recently changed from SSE to OVO and we had a £530 credit balance I closed the account and provided the final readings and thankfully took photos of the meter readings. Time dragged on and we heard nothing and after a couple of phone calls made a complaint which again went unanswered even though their own terms dictate a 10 day response. More calls (each taking >40mins to get through) and they just repeated that they couldn't refund because there was a complaint outstanding and something about an investigation being needed because there was some discrepancy somewhere. As nothing was happening and they were sitting on our money I opened a case with the ombudsman and provided the evidence which included all phone calls (our VOIP provider provides a call recording facility as standard) and FB posts (only other contact route that worked) on the matter. Tomorrow is the deadline for them responding to the case and as if by magic they've contacted me for the first time today by email to inform that my refund will be in the bank account within 10 days But why string it out when if the other way round they'd have already sold the debt on and sent the bailiffs in
      give them 10 days and raise a claim in the small claims court? Must be just under £5k by now with all your costs.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X