• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter falling out of the tree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone understand WTF Mastodon is?
    It's for neck beard types.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Can you imagine living in a dystopian future where someone is rich enough to buy an entire social network just so they can post what they want without getting banned?
      I'm buying ContractorUK, will bring back russell and kandr, both de-platformed by the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Anyone understand WTF Mastodon is?
        I created an account yesterday. it's a bit confusing the way it's set up with different servers, but I suppose I will get used to it

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They can do pretty good targeted ads on twitter based on the inherent design, so this presumably means you are interested in dodgy stuff (or are browsing it logged out). I think most of mine are crypto related as I use twitter to follow news in that area, though I don't really notice them to be honest.
          I'm always on incognito mode when browsing social media, most ads are totally irrelevant for me

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

It's for neck beard types.
            It is to Twitter what Git is to TFVC, sort of. Multiple servers using a shared protocol, there is no central DB or server. Each server can have its own rules on how people can act and how it interacts with other servers. Your account lives on your chosen server so if the random person running it turns the server off, you're not there any more.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

The only ads I see on Twitter are for clickbait websites where you have to go to 20 pages of advertisements to find out that what they promised in the title is not there
              I have the same issue from those adverts in telephone boxes ... bloody rip off!
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
              X