• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brum the capital of untaxed cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Stupid remark.

It affects all the residents in our road for many reasons.

I don't want to waste my time on the issue.
    Just a bit selfish when one rented property in a quiet close has 12 vehicles
    Is it above a kebab shop?
    Are there several sofas piled up in the garden?
    Is one of the cars a Merc with an integrated stone wall?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Stupid remark.

It affects all the residents in our road for many reasons.

I don't want to waste my time on the issue.
      Just a bit selfish when one rented property in a quiet close has 12 vehicles
      Have you reported them for being a car dealer?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Public road and yes it has an MOT.
        Even on a driveway I think it has to be taxed.
        Not correct.

But if not, it must be declared SORN.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

How do you know they are untaxed and what made you think it was worth finding out? Or do you routinely snoop on every car on the road? What else, do you go through peoples' bins for evidence they have not paid their bills?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Have you reported them for being a car dealer?
            Is it a crime?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Is it a crime?
              if you are selling without declaring your status yes.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

with 4 of them and multiple contacts with the council try your local paper.

If they are not insured (clue if no tax its effectively not insured) then contact the police, demand a crime number.

Again contact the local paper. Pictures of a reporter standing by 4 cars on the road that they have checked have no insurance and or MOT will fill a few column inches and give them leverage on the council. Its a national issue now.

https://www.theaa.com/car-insurance/...nsured-drivers

https://www.wikihow.com/Report-a-Car-Without-an-Mot

https://www.mib.org.uk/reducing-unin...ng-the-police/

I got the same from the council at a previous place until I mentioned the paper and knowing the local councillor.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  How do you know they are untaxed and what made you think it was worth finding out? Or do you routinely snoop on every car on the road? What else, do you go through peoples' bins for evidence they have not paid their bills?
                  Because idiots like this normally park badly as well, if they hit someone the other person gets to pay, also vehicle crime frequently accompanies other crime.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Because it is a quite road and one property has twelve vehicles - generallly clapped out old banger vans that stand out as dumped.
                    So no I dont check on any cars except as the old, dumped vans that are associated with this one property that treats the neighbourhood as a dumping ground. Most properties will have 2 cars - kept in the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Because idiots like this normally park badly as well, if they hit someone the other person gets to pay, also vehicle crime frequently accompanies other crime.
                      agreed a good point
                      other neighbours have reported the same house for multiple other offences

Comment

Working...
                      X