• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More idiots

Originally posted by BBC
    Climate activists have thrown tins of what appears to be tomato soup over a Van Gogh painting of sunflowers at the National Gallery in London.

Footage showed two people in Just Stop Oil T-shirts opening tins and throwing the contents on the masterpiece before gluing their hands to the wall.
    The gallery said the painting was covered by glass and therefore not damaged.
    Not sure why Van Gogh is a target for anti-oil protests... maybe they heard he used oil paint? It takes a special type of stupid for a criminal to glue themself to a crime scene. I think it's time a new approach is taken to this fad of gluing yourself to things. Possibly you are dragged away losing some skin, or perhaps they simply refuse to unglue you. I imagine two days stuck to a wall or outside on a pavement in winter would not be wonderful.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

In one gluing protest at a petrol station, one idiot glued himself in such a weird position someone had to give him a chair to balance on.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They have now targeted New Scotland Yard.

https://twitter.com/MetPoliceEvents/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Officers are arresting protesters on suspicion of conspiracy to commit criminal damage after activists threw orange paint at New Scotland Yard’s revolving sign and wilful obstruction of the highway. Several individuals who have glued onto the road are now being debonded.Officers are arresting protesters on suspicion of conspiracy to commit criminal damage after activists threw orange paint at New Scotland Yard’s revolving sign and wilful obstruction of the highway. Several individuals who have glued onto the road are now being debonded.

Comment

So they block random roads in London delaying emergency vehicles and nothing is done until soldiers start marching.

They destroy petrol stations and nothing is done so the petrol station owners have to get high court injunctions covering various areas to ensure they can be arrested.

Yet when they target New Scotland Yard they can be arrested quickly .............

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          In one gluing protest at a petrol station, one idiot glued himself in such a weird position someone had to give him a chair to balance on.
          Isn't petrol a solvent for the glue?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Not sure why Van Gogh is a target for anti-oil protests... maybe they heard he used oil paint? It takes a special type of stupid for a criminal to glue themself to a crime scene. I think it's time a new approach is taken to this fad of gluing yourself to things. Possibly you are dragged away losing some skin, or perhaps they simply refuse to unglue you. I imagine two days stuck to a wall or outside on a pavement in winter would not be wonderful.
            I think it's more to do with ensuring publicity.

I also think we should leave them at least 24 hours and let them fully soil themselves.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I wonder what sort of glue they use?
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                I wonder what sort of glue they use?
                guerrilla

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  So they block random roads in London delaying emergency vehicles and nothing is done until soldiers start marching.

They destroy petrol stations and nothing is done so the petrol station owners have to get high court injunctions covering various areas to ensure they can be arrested.

Yet when they target New Scotland Yard they can be arrested quickly .............
                  apparently it was the same when they changed the guard maybe the idea of those in Buszbys armed with bayonets making a mess of all those Tarquins was a decider.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

I think it's more to do with ensuring publicity.

I also think we should leave them at least 24 hours and let them fully soil themselves.
                    it would be interesting if we just carried on around them.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X