• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Press Conference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope she gets shot of the useless bloke from the UP movie that calls herself the Health Minister
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

It's official now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-p...%40BBCBreaking

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It's more than a rumour, it's confirmed by multiple (credible) sources, which means that Truss won't be too far behind.

And, yes, reversal of Chapter 10 is quite unlikely now, especially if Sunak is involved in the next administration. Either way, it's easier to retain existing legislation than force through a change.
        Kwasi out was inevitable. He does come across as the sharpest tool in the box anyway. Maybe the Sontaran Javid ... trusted by markets (?), a safe pair of hands for now.

If she goes will another untried numpty just because they are on her side then Truss will be close behind.

Although I still maintain that Rishi is the best bet for country and Tories at the moment ... ala Blair/Brown ... didn't like each other, but you don't need to lik ethose you work work, you just have to be professional and get the job done.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Kwarteng has stepped down - will be interesting to see how the markets respond and who his replacement will be:

https://www.financialreporter.co.uk/...-failures.html

Comment

Kwasi down the khazi.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
              Kwarteng has stepped down
              Stepped down.

Comment

Bang go those IR35 repeal changes.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Apparently, MPs are plotting to replace Truss with a Mordaunt/Sunak alliance.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

oh dear

please no more repealing the repeal

this is embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by willendure View Post
                      Higher corp tax not necessarily a bad thing for economic growth - companies might prefer to reduce tax take by investing in R&D or hiring more employees VS attracting business to the UK solely on having the lowest rates.
                      Easier to invest elsewhere, especially after Brexit

Comment

Working...
                      X