• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Dying Lights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sales of £1,400 batteries surge amid winter blackout fears

Britons are snapping up large batteries costing up to £1,400, as concerns grow over winter power cuts.

A large manufacturer of portable batteries, Anker Innovations Technology, has said that sales were up to three times higher in October than in the previous month.

Normally, it sells power station products to the US where power cuts are more common, while UK customers have traditionally only bought them for camping.

But Britons who worry about blackouts this winter are now stocking up, PR manager Lorna Smith told Bloomberg.

The 757 Powerhouse model, which costs around £1400 and can recharge a portable fridge for 22 hours, is sold out until December "due to overwhelming demand"."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...t-rates-pound/

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Halfords?
      Yeh I got one from Halfords yesterday and ordered couple of 12V LED lights.

Got mine half the price of Halfords and with a 4yr guarantee
      Damn it! I could have got a cheaper one???
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Or you could learn how to use them responsibly like everyone did until the 1930s. What a pampered hopeless lot we are.
        There were loads of children who suffered burns, other life changing injuries and deaths in that era in the home.

Even in the 1980s things like children's night wear and ovens were dangerous hence the likes of Lynn Faulds Wood and John Stapleton consumer programmes.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

There were loads of children who suffered burns, other life changing injuries and deaths in that era in the home.

Even in the 1980s things like children's night wear and ovens were dangerous hence the likes of Lynn Faulds Wood and John Stapleton consumer programmes.
          to be fair in hindsight coating kids in petrol was a bad idea like painting flats with it. Still we did it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X