• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Dying Lights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now where can I source a leisure battery locally, that's the question. .
    Nearest narrowboat chandlers.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

People are getting:
      • thermal underwear
      • blankets
      • camping lights
      • oodies
      • onesies
      • camping stoves
      Sensible cost-saving measures too. A little paraffin stove/lamp seems better than a candle to me, though a battery back can power LEDs for days.

I bet my stove fitter is busy.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Sensible cost-saving measures too. A little paraffin stove/lamp seems better than a candle to me, though a battery back can power LEDs for days.

I bet my stove fitter is busy.
        On a serious not, check your house insurance. Paraffin stoves, oil lamps, portable gas stoves and alike may invalidated the insurance.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

Nearest narrowboat chandlers.
          The nearest of which emporiums is just a tad* further away than the Halfords that I cross over two canals to reach.

*As in in a different country.

Just been reading more glorious good news about prospective power cuts in January & February in the event that "it gets cold".

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prepare-bl...203200993.html
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

On a serious not, check your house insurance. Paraffin stoves, oil lamps, portable gas stoves and alike may invalidated the insurance.
            The advice is if you live with children, vulnerable people e.g. mobile, use skin emulsifiers, and/or pets e.g cats,dogs not to use candles, paraffin stoves, oil lamps, portable gas stoves and alike unless you want to risk a house fire and/or burns to them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The advice is if you live with children, vulnerable people e.g. mobile, use skin emulsifiers, and/or pets e.g cats,dogs not to use candles, paraffin stoves, oil lamps, portable gas stoves and alike unless you want to risk a house fire and/or burns to them.
              Or you could learn how to use them responsibly like everyone did until the 1930s. What a pampered hopeless lot we are.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

According to the Grauniad, the BBC are preparing emergency scripts in case there are power cuts lasting from 36 to 48 hours.

Maybe I need two leisure batteries. .

I wonder if Lidl(tm) still have those inverters in stock.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  ...leisure batteries...
                  eBay may be worth a look.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

eBay may be worth a look.
                    Got mine half the price of Halfords and with a 4yr guarantee, very happy with it so bought two more batteries.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

There's a thought. How long do cats burn for?

Comment

Working...
                      X