• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want a fixed rate mortgage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want a fixed rate mortgage?

Well for 2 years you will be paying over 6%.

Thanks Truss!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Already got one.

1.06% until 2030.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not talking about you or me, I'm talking about those who are either trying to buy, have put an offer in or need to remortgage shortly.

There is no point reducing stamp duty if people can't afford the repayments.

Comment

Mine expires in January. I've got Freelancer Finacials on it. The mortgage provider can give me a quote now and honour it through to Jan so I can get one in Jan and take the lesser of the two. That's the plan but providers are pulling agreements left right and center at the moment. I'm expecting my arse to be handed to me when Jan comes
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What’s that mort-gage thingy?

Some kind of new savings product that generates 6% per annum? Might be interested if it’s safe as bricks…

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Some kind of new savings product that generates 6% per annum? Might be interested if it’s safe as bricks…
            Yeah cause bricks are really safe when you are around aren't they
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Well for 2 years you will be paying over 6%.

Thanks Truss!
              I was paying more than that in 1997. It went up to 8.something, although not for very long. Thankfully my rate is now a big fat zero.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Mortgage from Latin, death-note debt-payment. You keep paying until death.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Mortgage from Latin, death-note debt-payment. You keep paying until death.
                  Ah, same as taxes then

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I was paying more than that in 1997. It went up to 8.something, although not for very long. Thankfully my rate is now a big fat zero.
                    The average mortgage payment in 1997 was less than they are today as a percentage of someone's wage.

Comment

Working...
                    X