• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Didn't know aTw was taking flying lessons?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Didn't know aTw was taking flying lessons?
      He wasn't ... self taught
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        They need to create a class above, call it Premium Executive Luxury Class and make sure only those paying 45% tax are allowed in
        Excellent mention - First Class was used to make extra profits that were used to keep prices for standard tickets lower.

However many years of jacking up all ticket prices AND reducing level of services offered for higher paying First class passengers resulted in collapse of that revenue stream - same tulip is happening with 45% band.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          What happened to your chauffeur and private jet?
          High taxes cost jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

High taxes cost jobs!
            Sack all the employees and move to tax haven. Give one of the offshore magic circle companies a call:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offshore_magic_circle

and before you know it your marginal tax rate will be under 5%.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
              I just booked for a trip to London - Standard Premium on Avanti.

First class without the food, much cheaper and you still keep away from the riff-raff.

First class used to mean fantastic service, not any more.

I think that fewer business people traveling is a factor as well.
              Avanti actual first class seems way more expensive than the first class price when Virgin ran the service - The price of the Standard Premium is more around what I used to pay Virgin for first but with none of the service! Avanti have been a massive backwards step for the west coast mainline
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X