• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Probably bad science but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably bad science but...

fetuses don't like kale but like carrot apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...finds-research

If the taste of kale makes you screw up your face, you are not alone: researchers have observed foetuses pull a crying expression when exposed to the greens in the womb.
    While previous studies have suggested our food preferences may begin before birth and can be influenced by the mother’s diet, the team says the new research is the first to look directly at the response of unborn babies to different flavours.

“[Previously researchers] just looked at what happens after birth in terms of what do [offspring] prefer, but actually seeing facial expressions of the foetus when they are getting hit by the bitter or by the non-bitter taste, that is something which is completely new,” said Prof Nadja Reissland, from Durham University, co-author of the research.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    fetuses don't like kale but like carrot apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...finds-research

If the taste of kale makes you screw up your face, you are not alone: researchers have observed foetuses pull a crying expression when exposed to the greens in the womb.
    While previous studies have suggested our food preferences may begin before birth and can be influenced by the mother’s diet, the team says the new research is the first to look directly at the response of unborn babies to different flavours.

“[Previously researchers] just looked at what happens after birth in terms of what do [offspring] prefer, but actually seeing facial expressions of the foetus when they are getting hit by the bitter or by the non-bitter taste, that is something which is completely new,” said Prof Nadja Reissland, from Durham University, co-author of the research.
    Babies and young children tend to have a natural aversion to green plants - it's a survival instinct.

What's wrong SE? I thought you knew everything.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

My mind is boggled by how they got carrots and kale into the womb

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        all explained in a documentary available on xhamster.xxx/food ?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Comment

Nobody likes kale.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I like kale.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Nobody likes people who like kale.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I like kale.
                  People with taste like Kale

I had this years ago in a little hotel - Pondy would appreciate it!

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/how...c-kale-recipe/
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

People with taste like Kale

I had this years ago in a little hotel - Pondy would appreciate it!

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/how...c-kale-recipe/
                    So that recipe hides the taste of kale.

Comment

Working...
                    X