• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post

You're right. Apologies!
    You're in the wrong forum mate .... no one gives an apology on here.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

Damn, feels like I get the shaft then. I went onto a fixed in anticipation of further rises, and I have solar panels I paid a lot for that save the grid lots of power, no doubt I won't get any benefit from the government because I won't be able to reduce my energy usage any further
    I think we all just got shafted in one way or another, TBH.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Might as well have labour now. Poor and needy people we are all becoming.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    And I thought she repealed the changes to ir35 reform to protect votes in the south??

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think you mis-quoted
    You're right. Apologies!

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Not necessarily, but it could be moot by then anyway, given gas prices. Sounds like they're going to scale it back dramatically and introduce an efficiency component, so perhaps a capped price up to a certain usage and only for certain households (which would've been sensible in the first place).
    Damn, feels like I get the shaft then. I went onto a fixed in anticipation of further rises, and I have solar panels I paid a lot for that save the grid lots of power, no doubt I won't get any benefit from the government because I won't be able to reduce my energy usage any further

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think you mis-quoted

In the torygraph he is quoted as saying:

"So whilst we will continue with the abolition of the health and social care level and stamp duty changes, we will no longer be proceeding with the cuts to dividend tax rates, the reversal of off-payroll working reforms introduced in 2017 and 2021, a new VAT-free shopping scheme for non-UK visitors or the freeze on alcohol duty rates"

The first two are retained because they're already going through parliament. If they'd gotten IR35 into the chambers sooner, it wouldn't have been pulled.
    I was typing a summary while listening to the wireless, but that's what I heard.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    And I thought she repealed the changes to ir35 reform to protect votes in the south??

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    bugger

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    "We will continue with the abolition of health and social care levy and the stamp duty change, off payroll working reforms, the new VAT-free shopping scheme for non-UK visitors and the freeze on alcohol duty rates."

So does this mean they will continue with rolling back the IR35 'reforms' or continue with implementing them?
    I think you mis-quoted

In the torygraph he is quoted as saying:

"So whilst we will continue with the abolition of the health and social care level and stamp duty changes, we will no longer be proceeding with the cuts to dividend tax rates, the reversal of off-payroll working reforms introduced in 2017 and 2021, a new VAT-free shopping scheme for non-UK visitors or the freeze on alcohol duty rates"

The first two are retained because they're already going through parliament. If they'd gotten IR35 into the chambers sooner, it wouldn't have been pulled.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X