• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The separate thread about how awful Queen Elizabeth was and the Royal Family is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'm sorry but saying the Queen tried to do it when right underneath it states a Royal Aide asked for it does not build up to a picture of the Queen. A little extreme but that's like saying my Virgin flight hosts spilt my drink on my lap so Richard Branson is clumsy bastard. If you want to gloss over the facts and come to some random conclusion then fill your boots. How about considering that a 96 year old carried out 386 Royal engagements in 2021. Maybe that's a better judge of character than something she probably knows nothing about carried out by an underling.

Really disappointed in a comment like that.
    That's why I said "maybe not the queen's idea"....I guess you missed that part. I'm sure all those aides are no saints...they're just as evil as the royals themselves, maybe she didn't really know anything about it, maybe she didn't want to know. I'm sure if their little fraud had worked her majesty 100% would have given the money the back. 100%!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

True in a literal sense, though I would have thought it perhaps unlikely a royal aide would make such a request without her maj's permission? Not involving £millions.
      I find it very difficult to believe with her doing over 300 public appearances in her 90's she has anything to do with the heating of various buildings. I could be totally wrong but that level of detail seems a little below her station. Who knows I guess
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

That's why I said "maybe not the queen's idea"....I guess you missed that part. I'm sure all those aides are no saints...they're just as evil as the royals themselves, maybe she didn't really know anything about it, maybe she didn't want to know. I'm sure if their little fraud had worked her majesty 100% would have given the money the back. 100%!!!!
        You are clearly far too biased or blinded by something to come to a reasonable conclusion that I'll admit may or may not be true but while your blanketing her and her aides as evil there is little point discussing it. Facts won't make a blind bit of difference.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I find it very difficult to believe with her doing over 300 public appearances in her 90's she has anything to do with the heating of various buildings. I could be totally wrong but that level of detail seems a little below her station. Who knows I guess
          The Aide likely said to her Maj something along the lines I will ask them government for more money as I've heard they have grants.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You are clearly far too biased or blinded by something to come to a reasonable conclusion that I'll admit may or may not be true but while your blanketing her and her aides as evil there is little point discussing it. Facts won't make a blind bit of difference.
            and that, ladies and gentleman, is england. so much up the royals' arse you couldn't see reason if it hit you in the face. I tell you that, you lot deserve the monarchy.

Comment

and that, ladies and gentleman, is england. so much up the royals' arse you couldn't see reason if it hit you in the face. I tell you that, you lot deserve the monarchy.
              Losing the argument I see. Well done!
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

"Argument" is perhaps overselling it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

"Argument" is perhaps overselling it.
                  I was being kind.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

No argument from my side. I don't want one and there's nothing that can change my mind. I think royals and aides are a bunch of cancerous parasites and every time one dies the world becomes a better place. I also think that brits in general and english people in particular are morons to not only still have a monarchs but also to genuinely love them.

You feel free to think differently. I don't really care what you think

Comment

No argument from my side. I don't want one and there's nothing that can change my mind. I think royals and aides are a bunch of cancerous parasites and every time one dies the world becomes a better place. I also think that brits in general and english people in particular are morons to not only still have a monarchs but also to genuinely love them.

You feel free to think differently. I don't really care what you think
                      What would you like to see as a head of state instead? Genuine question, I'm not being snarky.

My struggle with an elected head of state is that it becomes a political appointment and you get the farce you see in the USA and France, for example. I would dearly love to see a good example of an alternative where the head of state is an independent, ceremonial role and the person fulfilling that post is respected and adds value without having an agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X