• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has never be so humiliated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps find a civilisation throughout history that wasn't built on the use of slaves ( impressed, enslaved, indented or economically dependent, it matters not which: in the UK feudalism was merely state slavery) and this argument might have some merit...

As for America, the problem there is that a large proportion of their mongrel nation still think deep down that "black" equals "sub-human" and that infests all of their dealings with anyone who is not white. Australia, admirable as it is as a place to live, is still heavily racist, but in their case it is in terms of origin, not colour. The American issue is about racism, not slavery.

IMVHO the focus has to be about stopping current slavery practices - which are widespread if less blatant - and leave the past alone as the exemplar of why stopping it is necessary.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I'm triggered today, so I'm wibbling on to try and defend my xenophobic ramblings
      Poor Vetty. Truss's cabinet really has upset you Wailers.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WARTY the deluded keyboard warrior View Post

I'm making tulip up, playing the race card and insulting people because I like to ignore facts from reputable sources
        FTFY

Sorry if you only judge people by the colour of their skin,gender or sexuality and assume everyone else is sad like you. Did you want to brag about your earnings, penis extension hairdresser car or perceived sexual prowess now?

The cabinet member that surprised me was JRM a particularly brave choice IMO. Lets see if he is as good as he thinks he is.

Lots of Eton & Oxbridge talent in it, would be nice to see a few more comprehensives and normal Universities represented.

A few more women which is good. With a little bit of luck they will behave better than the men and not grope etc. random researchers.

At least the defence minister was from the military.

Not sure that the choices are all based on clear talent not allegiance.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X