• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Castle Howard Christmas Afternoon Tea!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castle Howard Christmas Afternoon Tea!

Went to Castle Howard a few years ago and had a very nice afternoon tea with a glass of bubbly and tour of the nicely decorated house and it wasn't cheap but it was affordable. Just tried to book for this year and the total for me and the missus is coming to £155 Inflation is rampant, I may be able to afford it but I'm not paying that for a look at some nice decorations and an afternoon tea. Bettys is much better value at Harlow Carr at £32 per person for the afternoon tea and bubbly and a peruse of the fine gardens (if you're an RHS member). Mind you I may up the budget and spend a night at the Wensleydale Heifer where I know I'll get a good feed

We're trying to find time to do this: https://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway...afternoon-teas

£29pp including the train ride.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190929-122605-1300px.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	4228813
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
      Mind you I may up the budget and spend a night at the Wensleydale Heifer where I know I'll get a good feed
      Why would you want to be on the main road between Hawes and Leyburn?

Better places round for the same money...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X