• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Southampton Flats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You rode your cat to the IOW?
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Click image for larger version

Name:	lets-go-riding-a-cat.gif
Views:	205
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	4228287
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Did that ~ 6 months ago to IOW. Wandered around Portsmouth en route. Seemed nice but didn't experience the night time. Wonder if they've got any prossies?
      It's home to about half the Royal Navy. What do you think?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I would personally avoid Southampton. You may well get lucky and get some good tenants, but chances of bad ones increase, especially with crime rates around central Southampton at the moment.

If you aren’t tied to Southampton, then I would come west slightly and opt for Dorset over Hampshire.
        good places:
        - Christchurch
        - Southbourne
        - Queens Park
        - Tuckton / Hengitsbury Head

Avoid:
        - Boscombe
        - majority of Poole way (it’s either millionaires playground or dire)
        - west Howe
        - Wallisdown
        - Charminster

prices have sky rocketed as everywhere has the last 24 months, but flats less so. A 300k 2 bed potentially 3 could be found quite close to beaches fairly easily.

there’s a HUGE shortage of rentals at the moment, properties aren’t even making it onto Rightmove before they’re snapped up, so no issues finding tenants.

Comment

Are there any major tech companies in/around Poole?

I saw yesterday a few ads for an outside gig with my tech, was for 18 months but couldn't see many IT companies down there.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

I saw yesterday a few ads for an outside gig with my tech, was for 18 months but couldn't see many IT companies down there.

qh
            They request Industry experience for toilet cleaning?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

qh
              Depends on your definition of major. There's a place that provides transport ticketing solutions. Best avoided though I would suggest....
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

qh
                This might help you identify the sort of companies in the area

https://www.dorsetlep.co.uk/businesses-based-in-dorset

Comment

qh
                  A fair few, LV (insurance) JP (Banking) Nationwide also, over in Poole there are quite a few smaller blue chip firms.

also lots of life insurers, vitality etc.

Comment

Late in on this one.
                    I know the south coast reasonably well.
                    I have also lived in Southampton. Way back in the early 90's. Used to be a regular visitor to Hamble too.
                    Southampton - City centre not great, head for the outlying areas or Ocean Village if you want to be in the centre.
                    Portsmouth - The Navy boys love a good punch up. Friday or Saturday night in Portsmouth is not for the faint-hearted.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Working...
                    X