• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Interview

Actually I thought of the "Duke of N*nce" but realised I had to give the thread a polite name. Guess what is being made into a film - yep that Newsnight interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...ess-who-might/

The Duke of York’s disastrous Newsnight interview is to be made into a film, with Hugh Grant allegedly in the frame to play the beleaguered Prince.

The film will be called Scoop, based on a book of the same name by Sam McAlister, the BBC producer who secured the infamous chat about the Duke’s friendship with Jeffrey Epstein.

United Agents, the literary agency that represents McAlister, confirmed the news, describing the forthcoming adaptation as “exciting news”.

The screenplay is being written by Peter Moffat for The Lighthouse film and television production company.

Neither has a director been assigned nor has casting begun, although pitches have reportedly been made to selected agents.

Hilary Salmon, the founder of Lighthouse, told Deadline, the Hollywood news website: “The reaction is always the same, ‘Oh, wow!’”

On casting, she admitted: “We have, of course, thoughts,” but stressed that at this early stage “no one is attached”.

She declined to comment on reports that Grant was in the mix.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I thought Hughie with his life experience would be more suitable for "one night driving in Paris"

Anyway Mr Grant sweats!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Anyway Mr Grant sweats!
      Then they would have to film it like Bollywood dance scenes with the leading actors.

Comment

Ive seen the actual interview, why make a film of it?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Ive seen the actual interview, why make a film of it?
          Because it is entertainment.

They can re-create the alleged scenes in Pizza Express in Woking where no staff or other customers noticed there was a Royal customer.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They can re-create the alleged scenes in Pizza Express in Woking where no staff or other customers noticed there was a Royal customer.
            Well they would have been in the Royal Box, after all...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Child abuse is entertainment? Although they did make a film about Savile so I suppose it is.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X