• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heatwaves Coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatwaves Coming

If you live in the wrong part of the UK -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ays-met-office

Temperatures could reach the mid-30s in parts of the UK this week as forecasters said that Britain should brace itself for its “first properly hot summer’s day”.

The coming months will also bring heatwaves which the Met Office has previously warned are becoming more likely due to climate change and the higher concentrations of CO2 in the atmosphere.

“There’s not been much in the way of exceptionally warm days or hot days yet this year, but that is set to change,” the Met Office’s Steven Keates said.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Where I live, yesterday 30. Today 32. Tomorrow 25, but then Tues 27, Wed 31, Thu 32, Fri 33...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If you live in the wrong part of the UK -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ays-met-office

Temperatures could reach the mid-30s in parts of the UK this week as forecasters said that Britain should brace itself for its “first properly hot summer’s day”.

The coming months will also bring heatwaves which the Met Office has previously warned are becoming more likely due to climate change and the higher concentrations of CO2 in the atmosphere.

“There’s not been much in the way of exceptionally warm days or hot days yet this year, but that is set to change,” the Met Office’s Steven Keates said.
      Last summer the UK had some days with the coldest summer days on record. Not much publicity about that.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Winter is going to be very cold

Comment

Aaaagh. I will shrivel up.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Britain should brace itself for its “first properly hot summer’s day”.
            WTF are they on about??

You "brace yourself" for something unpleasant like a bucket of pig slurry being dumped on your head.

A hot summer's day is a joy to behold, especially the first one of the year and I, for one, will be welcoming it in the time honoured tradition of getting sozzled in the garden listening to Test Match Special

Comment

Positive attitudes are proven to be bad for your health! I supply miserable git lessons for a very reasonable cost.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mid 30s - no thank you.

Although we had our wood-burner lit last night.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How does SE England = Britain?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Last summer the UK had some days with the coldest summer days on record. Not much publicity about that.
                    "it's not a very nice day" isn't exactly much of a headline, much as you would presumably like to attribute it to climate change brainwashing.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X