• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Pints

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Pints

"Price of a pint exceeds £8 for the first time

The Ukraine war has put a strain on the cost of barley — a key ingredient in beer

The price of a pint has surpassed £8 for the first time with the average cost of a tipple jumping by more than 70pc since the 2008 financial crisis.

Spiralling inflation has pushed the average price of a pint of beer in the UK to £3.95, according to data from research agency CGA, up from £2.30 in 2008.

The data from CGA, which tracks prices by frequently surveying more than 5,550 random bars and pubs, also showed that, for the first time, the average price of a pint at one London pub breached £8.

The average brew in the London pub, which CGA did not name, cost a whopping £8.06, while the cheapest average pint was found at a pub in Lancashire and cost £1.79."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-8-first-time/

House prices went up around here from 80K for a semi to 500K, took 20 years.

But the rest of the economy was going to catch up eventually.

But the powers to be brain wash everyone into thinking high Asset prices are good but high consumer prices are bad.

At least there are alternatives for booze. Can drink at Weatherspoons or have a house party instead.

Harder to do that with Petrol. Just cost me £110 to fill a 60L tank.

Cant find it much cheaper anywhere else.

Only option is to drive less or to buy an EV instead.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 3 June 2022, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
      Harder to do that with Petrol. Just cost me £110 to fill a 60L tank.
      Is that diesel? At least you'll get some miles out of that. Mine does 20mpg on a very good day and I have to use premium at 1.857. I'll get 260 miles out of that Thank god for working from home!

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Gordon Bennet! My little Ford Fiesta based van does about 60mpg.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X