• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Lazy Older Men

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Buy the weigh eye object to being called lazy






    Sent from my iPhone using Dictate-a-post
    Ewe do?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Buy the weigh eye object to being called lazy






      Sent from my iPhone using Dictate-a-post
      Check ur privilege!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

        Talking to certain people in the public sector I don't blame them for retiring early.
        This trend is probably going to decline over the next 10-15 years. Most, if not all, public sector schemes moved away from final salary schemes to some convoluted career average schemes around 2013/2014.

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by edison View Post

          This trend is probably going to decline over the next 10-15 years. Most, if not all, public sector schemes moved away from final salary schemes to some convoluted career average schemes around 2013/2014.
          Nah, Keir will get in and fix all that.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

          Comment


            #15
            I was reading somewhere about this over 50 not returning to work, they currently feel they have enough money to stop working. But experts think they will run out of money in their 70's and will be looking to the state for support.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

            Comment


              #16
              Those of us who have been contracting in the city for years know that all the pension schemes are going broke.

              I face a future where I will be working until the day I die; fortunate that at least in IT I can work until my mental faculties fail and if I just keep on learning new things I can stave that day off for as long as possible.

              Fools are retiring now.

              Comment


                #17
                I'm 51 and have decided to semi-retire. Having saved and invested my war chest up to a level where income from dividends equals my living expenses, I don't need to work, and have chosen not to work for the past 6 months.

                But I'm conscious of the fact that my investments might go south, so I'm currently looking for a new contract but working on a 3 day a week basis just to keep my skills current. Most clients seem to want 5 days/week only, so 3 days/week might be difficult to find.

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  I was reading somewhere about this over 50 not returning to work, they currently feel they have enough money to stop working. But experts think they will run out of money in their 70's and will be looking to the state for support.
                  Quite possibly true. People don't understand how far money goes, the declining value of money over time, and that we're all living longer.

                  At 52 (just ) I have enough to stop working today and could live pretty normally until over 100 ... but I'd be bored shirtless so to keep from being bored I'd have to spend money, so the cash would start to dwindle pretty quickly. Working stops me spending ... stop working and you spend to keep entertained.

                  Went to 5 days a week last October almost a year after wife died. Needed the social contact (albeit via TEAMS). Dropping back to 4 days in July so taking every Friday off to go enjoy the summer sun, then come Winter will bugger off for long weekends in slightly warmer climates.

                  Will see how the next few years go, but I envisage always working just to keep busy, but maybe only 6-9 months a year, and travelling the rest.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

                  Comment


                    #19
                    I went to a funeral last week for a former contractor colleague. He was 51.

                    qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

                    I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

                    Comment


                      #20
                      Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      I went to a funeral last week for a former contractor colleague. He was 51.

                      qh
                      My wife died in Dec 2020 aged 51. One of our friends died a few years earlier of cancer, he was early 40's. Life really can be too short, so live life to the full.

                      Remember, you can always make more money, you can't make more time ... so don't waste that time guys and gals.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X