• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racist SUVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

YES

Apparently Scottish state education use to be amongst the best in Europe...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Citation needed.

Could you provide a Daily Mail link to prove UK white people are being ****ed over by immigrants?
      I don't have to, that isn't what I said - are you from poor white stock so your education achievements are worse than others?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It isn't as simple at that. The Hindus who are in the UK tend to be middle class while the Pakistani Muslims tend to be working class. Sikhs are a complete mixture. Remember India has a caste system.
        now that is an interesting suggestion maybe class plays a part? It certainly does with whites.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

It most certainly can do. White kids in America for example, have about $2000 a year per student more spent on their education compared to black children due to the way that schools are funded through property taxes.

In the UK, research has shown a strong correlation between good schools and higher house prices, especially at secondary level. This can impact children's opportunities and given that a large proportion of people in lower income backgrounds are from ethic minorities, this can have a big impact on later social mobility. Children from more affluent homes go to better schools, get better jobs and buy better homes and so the cycle continues.
          So in the US schools in good areas get more spent on them so it must be the same in the UK with a different funding system.

Many outstanding Academies are established in poor areas.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Bad arguments.

I'm not interested in America, whose whole education system is vastly different to our own, in a country that still thinks a racial divide is acceptable.

Good schools exist in better off areas because people pay more to get their kids into the catchment areas for those schools. However there shouldn't be good or bad schools, they only exist because the bad schools, for various reasons, can't attract the best teachers. They are all working to the same curriculum after all, but disinterested pupils will drag the whole school down. So the question is, why are there disinterested pupils?
            Sadly the answer is bad teachers and poorly motivated parents.

I was raised in leafy surrey and went to a school in a poorish area , only a few teachers reached me once BAT results put me in the top class after being regulated to the bottom class by the teachers against my parents objections. Most people in the top class were middle class the ones in the bottom classes were working class (not many ethnic minorities around 50 years ago).

The schools round Slough that were failing haven't changed their catchment areas or been gold plated to become graded outstanding, they just sacked most of the crap teachers when they became academies. Over half of my daughters' class were 'ethnic majorities' (in Slough) the rest are either eastern european or white British.

The Academies also take more interest in the parents and see them as partners in education.

Comment

Working...
            X