• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local Tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Tories

Well people in Wandsworth and Westminster weren't fooled.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-live-updates
    Better update here- BBC NewBBC News - Elections 2022: Conservatives lose seats on English councils
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-6134335
    Last edited by SueEllen; 6 May 2022, 06:02.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Milliband gained 800 seats and that was with the Edstone around his neck.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-election.html

Sucker is gaining seats but so are the lib dems in equal measure and who the hell are they?

So before you all get excited by a high tax economy and rejoining the EU under the red flag lets wait to see if its anywhere near B'liar & Ed's gains.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Local elections are protest votes as most people don't think they matter, most won't vote for Labour so I exepct the Lib Dems to come out of this best, Tories will lose seats as expected but not to Labour so they will contine to fight among themselves
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Considering all the stuff that's been going on with partygate and other scandals, this seems a very damp squib. Tories see some losses in certain areas but no clear and drastic slap in the face, and we'd expect some modest losses regardless.

Does this mean that the public really has got bored of the partygate thing and doesn't care Boris got a fine? Or does Ukraine overshadow it?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Considering all the stuff that's been going on with partygate and other scandals, this seems a very damp squib. Tories see some losses in certain areas but no clear and drastic slap in the face, and we'd expect some modest losses regardless.

Does this mean that the public really has got bored of the partygate thing and doesn't care Boris got a fine? Or does Ukraine overshadow it?
          It means the only people making noise about Partygate were never going to vote for Boris anyway, those that supported him it didn't matter
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

It means the only people making noise about Partygate were never going to vote for Boris anyway, those that supported him it didn't matter
            I don't think that's the case. Lots of Tories including MPS have publicly condemned him for it. Not every Tory/Labour voter is so partisan as to automatically side with their guy regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Not every Tory/Labour voter is so partisan as to automatically side with their guy regardless.
              There are plenty that are though - especially here in South East Essex.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

There are plenty that are though - especially here in South East Essex.
                Sadly it's far too often the case. Partisanship is something I really dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Well people in Wandsworth and Westminster weren't fooled.
                  People in Wandsworth and Westminster are fools

Comment

Sadly despite our PM being an idiot there is no viable alternative.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X