• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new Max Verstappen...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Max Verstappen...

or hide your car keys from your young kids.

Would be worse were I live as he would have taken out a cyclist or a e-scooter rider, who shouldn't be riding in the area anyway.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/02/boy-f...amas-16570036/

Drivers are warned to keep their car keys away from easy access by burglars.
    But perhaps they should also be thinking about people already in the house…?

That’s a lesson one mum has learned, after her son helped himself to her car keys and took her car for a joyride.

The unnamed four-year-old managed to unlock the vehicle, get inside, then take it for a spin – all while wearing his pyjamas.

Unfortunately, he wasn’t quite ready to pass his test yet, and crashed into two parked cars in Utrecht, Netherlands, on April 30.

Alarmed, he then left the vehicle and walked off in his bare feet, where he was later spotted by a concerned passerby who called the police.

They joined the dots after getting a report of an abandoned crashed car, which was registered to his mother.

A police Instagram post detailed how, while on the phone to his mother, he had ‘gestured a collision with his hands and made a steering wheel movement.’

It continued: ‘This gave us the suspicion that the child might have driven.’

They explained: ‘At the car we asked if the child could show how the car worked.

‘The child opened the car with the key and put the key in the ignition. He started the car, moved his left foot to the clutch and hit the gas.

‘So what appeared to have happened is when the child’s father went to work, the child woke up and grabbed the car key to go for a drive.’

Luckily, they saw the funny side – with the police dubbing the four-year-old the ‘new Max Verstappen’ after the Dutch Formula One driver.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

How does a 4 year old reach the peddles? Sounds like BS to me. More like dad's crashed it while under the influence and got his son to take the rap.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      How does a 4 year old reach the peddles? Sounds like BS to me. More like dad's crashed it while under the influence and got his son to take the rap.
      Not necessarily can simply be a large 4 year old - the Netherlands have some of the tallest people in the world.

Also I'm related to and know some people who as kids were massive. Strangers always use to think they were 3+ years older than they were and make comments about their immature behaviour which was actually age appropriate.

Comment

Makes a change from stories about a 4yo shooting their parents I suppose.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Column shift automatic will move when in D on idle.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Makes a change from stories about a 4yo shooting their parents I suppose.
            In European countries (including the UK) 4 year olds don't tend to shoot their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

In European countries (including the UK) 4 year olds don't tend to shoot their parents.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X