• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer Starmer majority over piece of cake Bojo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Unfortunately success doesn't mean you didn't mess them up .... I'm not saying you did, just that the the 2 don't correlate. I'm very successful, a BSc, MBA, ACMA, millionaire (yes, really), a very successful and happy 25 year marriage ...... on paper all perfect, but my childhood was an absolute hell and what I have today is due to my hard work and resilience and support of friends. I haven't even seen my Dad since I was 24 (Rachel never even met him) .... maybe it was him threatening to kill us with a knife, on more than one occasion, and the beatings .... but I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with my success.

Anyway ..... none of your posts are worth anything without a link to the Wail
    Isn't everyone on here a millionaire? well at least down south with mid terraced houses fetching most of that?

I was lucky to have decent hard working parents that loved and supported us (and I most definitely mean that because my best friend in my teens his mother was an alcoholic, his brother disabled and his sister a drug addicted working girl, his father though was a thoroughly good man) . Our kids were healthy (again friends were less lucky) and overall I have been fortunate worked hard and built a good life for my family.

So sorry to hear about your father that must have been devastating, there are some truly bad people out there.

as you requested, have a banana

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...etter-day.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	3495EF3D00000578-3607942-What_the_One_mother_was_told_chocolate_dipped_bananas_were_not_a-a-160_1464164397339.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4216610
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I was lucky to have decent hard working parents that loved and supported us
      So if your parents aren't to blame, who are?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        So if your parents aren't to blame, who are?
        The company I keep obviously!

Comment

The company I keep obviously!
          Once you get to puberty your peers are a stronger influence on you than your parents.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Once you get to puberty your peers are a stronger influence on you than your parents.
            So I blame the lot of you!

Comment

So I blame the lot of you!
              I didn't know you when you were a young man and I'm sure I've never met you to identify you.

I just realised I can't use real life now due to loads of meetings being virtual.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X