• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oasis - Rate or Slate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sounded to me like Liam had loast his voice. IMHO the Brits should be renamed the Sh1ts, mind you this was the first year for the last 2 centuries where neither Annie Lennox or Eddie Redder were nominated

Only band worthy of a mention was Wolfmother
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      I sounded to me like Liam had loast his voice. IMHO the Brits should be renamed the Sh1ts, mind you this was the first year for the last 2 centuries where neither Annie Lennox or Eddie Redder were nominated

Only band worthy of a mention was Wolfmother
      Eddie Redder? is he the Eddie Vedder from some Pearl Jam tribute band?

Wolfmother are a poor mans AC/DC, who in turn were a poor mans Led Zep.

The singer yelps like a stuck pig and every riff he plays has already been played by Jimmy Page.

And he's got stupid ******* hair aswell.

Apart from that they're alright.
      Call the cops

Comment

bring back fleetwood and fox!

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
          Eddie Redder? is he the Eddie Vedder from some Pearl Jam tribute band?

Wolfmother are a poor mans AC/DC, who in turn were a poor mans Led Zep.

The singer yelps like a stuck pig and every riff he plays has already been played by Jimmy Page.

And he's got stupid ******* hair aswell.

Apart from that they're alright.
          Eddie Reader then, not sure where you get AC/DC sound like Led Zep.

Oasis are a beatles lite pub band, the Killers et al are New Wave of New Wave of New Wave, nothing hasn't been done before
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

probably because they are both blues bands turned up loud.

Comment

Oasis are a beatles lite pub band, the Killers et al are New Wave of New Wave of New Wave, nothing hasn't been done before
              Jimmy Page invented the Hard Rock sound - he also probably wrote every riff there was - some of their tunes have got 6 or 7 different riffs in.

Angus Young took Jimmy Pages riffs and stuck them in his own music.

Bonn Scott was a poor mans Robert Plant.

Killers first album was pretty cool (well, the first half of it) - don't like the second album though - too whiney for me.
              Call the cops

Comment

Jimmy Page invented the Hard Rock sound - he also probably wrote every riff there was - some of their tunes have got 6 or 7 different riffs in.

Angus Young took Jimmy Pages riffs and stuck them in his own music.

Bonn Scott was a poor mans Robert Plant.

Killers first album was pretty cool (well, the first half of it) - don't like the second album though - too whiney for me.
                I disagree, Tony Iommi invented the hard rock sound or at least took it in a new (away from blues) direction.

Comment

That would have been either Wayne Kramer or Fred Smith of the MC5 or Ron Asheton of The Stooges in the 60s. But Jimmy Page was up there.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I disagree, Tony Iommi invented the hard rock sound or at least took it in a new (away from blues) direction.
                    I actually put a bit about Tony Iommi in my post then took it out!!

He did take it away from the Blues/Rock sound that Jimmy Page had made his own - Black Sabbath were certainly the blue print for metal, although if you listen to tunes like "Immigrant Song", "Heartbreaker", "Black Dog", "The Wanton Song", "Whole Lotta Love" and "Custard Pie" I reckon Zeppelin had a massive say in it, which in turn would have influenced Iommi.

Hendrix pissed over the lot of them though...
                    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                      That would have been either Wayne Kramer or Fred Smith of the MC5 or Ron Asheton of The Stooges in the 60s. But Jimmy Page was up there.
                      Fred "Sonic" Smith - not heard that name in a while!! the daddy of american garage.

Ron Asheton is the godfather of glam rock - nice to meet another Stooges fan!!
                      Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                      X