• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is the IT market dead in the water?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why you learn Java but have industry vertical niches where you can bring expertise.

There are lots of crappy Java devs; there are less Java devs that know Azure and understand retail or insurance end-to-end processes.

Comment

I logged off old client at 1635 and at 1700 received a call from a new client offering me the next gig. If that's dead then I must be Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I logged off old client at 1635 and at 1700 received a call from a new client offering me the next gig. If that's dead then I must be Jesus.
        You're a week late LM ... wasn't you supposed to rise from the dead last Sunday?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Orthodox. They're always behind the times..
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

saw this

Jesus walks into a Bed and Breakfast, puts 3 nails on the counter and says

"Can you put me up for the night?"
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

WTF?

Python (PySpark, Databricks, Synapse Analytics) is in huge demand. Getting constantly called and emailed about doing contracts involving Python and with very healthy Outside IR35 day rates. I have not been on the bench for one minute in the last 4 years. Getting a bit sick of it to be honest.

Comment

Job market seems to have gone quiet but only a few weeks ago it was booming. So can't say it's dead, just a lull. Don't know about Python as I work in Testing.

Comment

Working...
                X