• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 11 File Explorer right click

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Real men use vi, slightly more limited ones use VIM and (L)users like winword.exe.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Real men use vi, slightly more limited ones use VIM and (L)users like winword.exe.
      I'll see your vim rubbish, and raise you .. emacs!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32" /f /ve

should fix it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I'll see your vim rubbish, and raise you .. emacs!
          i EMACS is a pile of fetid dingo kidneys! esc :wq

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

OMG, I remember that.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32" /f /ve

should fix it for you.
              Sounds promising, but what are you referring to?

Sorry to sound tiresome, but before tinkering with the registry I'd like to be sure I know what I'm changing!

edit: Ah, I did a quick search and found https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/g...nu-windows-11/

Many thanks woohoo!
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 19 February 2022, 07:21.

Comment

Sounds promising, but what are you referring to?

Sorry to sound tiresome, but before tinkering with the registry I'd like to be sure I know what I'm changing!

edit: Ah, I did a quick search and found https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/g...nu-windows-11/

Many thanks woohoo!
                No problemo

Comment

Anyone noticed that when right-clicking in Windows 11 File Explorer, most of the file-related options are now tucked away in a "Show more options". So to copy and paste and rename files, one has to do two clicks every time!
                  They also appear as image links at the top of the floating menu (for me anyway).
                  Cut, copy, rename, share, delete (presumably the most common options)

But anyway, ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v ftw!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-21 163238.gif
Views:	92
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	4205993

Comment

Come to think of it, I wonder what the difference is between "Copy as path", which I haven't seen before, and bog-standard vanilla "Copy"

Comment

Come to think of it, I wonder what the difference is between "Copy as path", which I haven't seen before, and bog-standard vanilla "Copy"
                      If only someone here was running W11 and could test that...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X