• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you was it? - trillion pound cheques

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of you was it? - trillion pound cheques

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-60369098

The amount was 2324252080110
    which is around 10% greater than 2^41 (2199023255552).

a lot smaller than the max bigint value of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

I wonder if anyone tried banking their cheques to see if it would be accepted? Sadly, it just seemed to have done the rounds on Twitter instead.

At what level of 'mistake' would you chance cashing that payment to see if you could get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      At what level of 'mistake' would you chance cashing that payment to see if you could get away with it?
      Well, when you steal £600, you can just disappear. When you steal a trillion, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.

HTH

Hans G.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I wonder if anyone tried banking their cheques to see if it would be accepted? Sadly, it just seemed to have done the rounds on Twitter instead.

I'd definitely have tried it just for the fun. It's round my area a lot of the worst affected people from the storms live, might have to see if anyone in the village got one.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I'd definitely have tried it just for the fun..
          The paying-in machines nowadays scan the cheque to read the amount - wonder whether it would work.

Comment

it that was me it would have had my freeking name on it

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              it that was me it would have had my freeking name on it
              you aren't mr only?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

you aren't mr only?
                Sadly more like mr lonely. No prize for that.

Comment

Working...
                X