• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jesus’s, I thought you were deed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

If everywhere you go smells of tulip, you have to eventually consider stopping and checking your own shoes...
    if we would go for your analogy, that means that everyone should blame themselves for the situation we are in. high inflation, unaffordable housing, in work poverty.
    when the actual true culprit is the gov and financial system that has printed itself to oblivion.

people do not have a choice in terms of work, they have to eat. but the sooner the system would crash, the sooner we'd have a chance at work situation that makes a bit more sense.

and on another note, work in itself is misery, life is misery. blaming yourself is stockholm syndrome. learning to adapt and overcome and find your way around the system that wants to contain and exploit you - that is wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

truth is somewhere in between, but just how the market dictates the salaries (apparently, I believe it's not...) the people also get to decide what is toxic and what is not. work is a living organism, you would not say what you said if you understood at least parts of how it works.
      Problem is, you do complain about every job you've ever done, and seems every things else to-boot ..... maybe it's not the world that's wrong but your expectations?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

if we would go for your analogy, that means that everyone should blame themselves for the situation we are in. high inflation, unaffordable housing, in work poverty.
        when the actual true culprit is the gov and financial system that has printed itself to oblivion.

people do not have a choice in terms of work, they have to eat. but the sooner the system would crash, the sooner we'd have a chance at work situation that makes a bit more sense.

and on another note, work in itself is misery, life is misery. blaming yourself is stockholm syndrome. learning to adapt and overcome and find your way around the system that wants to contain and exploit you - that is wisdom.
        If work is misery you're in the wrong job. Do something that you enjoy if you're not happy .... but then you may have to do something for even less pay. So you have choices to make, as we all do in life ..... you only have one life, whether you remain miserable or not is in your hands and your hands alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Or did scooterscot give you advice?
          That would have been far worse!

Comment

I never said blame yourself.

It's merely a pointer that it's worth looking inward if you constantly find fault with everything around you. Because you should take accountability for your actions. Not every thing you have ever done has been under some form of duress inflicted by 'big government' or 'the man' or 5G microchips implanted while you were having a tooth out.

I personally don't find that work = misery and that life = misery. Work has its ups and downs and life has its ups and downs. Anyone who expects work and life to always be sunshine, rainbows and kittens is deluded. (but obviously the sunshine isn't too hot or at the wrong angle, the rainbow doesn't come with any rain and the kittens don't scratch your furniture)

BTW Stockholm syndrome is where you sympathise or bond with a kidnapper. The kidnapped don't blame themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I never said blame yourself.

It's merely a pointer that it's worth looking inward if you constantly find fault with everything around you. Because you should take accountability for your actions. Not every thing you have ever done has been under some form of duress inflicted by 'big government' or 'the man' or 5G microchips implanted while you were having a tooth out.

I personally don't find that work = misery and that life = misery. Work has its ups and downs and life has its ups and downs. Anyone who expects work and life to always be sunshine, rainbows and kittens is deluded. (but obviously the sunshine isn't too hot or at the wrong angle, the rainbow doesn't come with any rain and the kittens don't scratch your furniture)

BTW Stockholm syndrome is where you sympathise or bond with a kidnapper. The kidnapped don't blame themselves.
              I'll blame it on the good life that contractors apparently live for the disconnect with the real life.

5G 'conspiracy' is just gaslighting people that dare to question even slightly the narrative that we get spoon fed by the media.
              But we've learned during the pandemic that many of the initial 'conspiracies' have turned out to be true in the end.

We are in an excellent place with a thriving economy and everything is rainbows and butterflies. And we have 7% inflation (one of the symptoms that would be) - which in reality is probably more like 15%. But that is fine because deflation is bad.

But all cool and dandy, nothing to see here.

Every day that I post in here I question why do people post, because they do not sound like contractors, some of them not even as people. If someone is paying them than who...?

https://youtu.be/1zbZKn6P3BI
              funny how people go to work and feel great when the world is crumbling around them. It’s quite naive or deliberately misleading to day it is not…
              Last edited by GigiBronz; 10 February 2022, 19:35.

Comment

I'll blame it on the good life that contractors apparently live for the disconnect with the real life.
                I think your problem is you have this expectation that because you're a contractor your life will somehow be better than others. Your life, my friend, is what you make it yourself. being a contractor doesn't guarantee wealth and happiness, anymore than being a permie guarantees a tulip job.

5G 'conspiracy' is just gaslighting people that dare to question even slightly the narrative that we get spoon fed by the media.
                But we've learned during the pandemic that many of the initial 'conspiracies' have turned out to be true in the end.
                Go on then, I'll bite, give us a list of the conspiracies that have turned out to be true

Every day that I post in here I question why do people post, because they do not sound like contractors, some of them not even as people. If someone is paying them than who...?
                So, because no one agrees with you we're all bots or someone is paying us to post this wonderful content? And what exactly does a contractor 'sound' like? Because all we ever hear from you in whining and complaints that the world isn't giving you the living you deserve.

Comment

No you're just a miserable person. Find satisfaction in what you do instead.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X