• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brit Awards triggers twitterati

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brit Awards triggers twitterati

Adele said “I understand why this has changed, but I really love being a woman and a female artist. I’m really proud of us." According to Puumph! on Twitter, this is a "call for the destruction of the trans community. Especially the confused teenagers. ”

Say whut?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I had to go and Google.

https://meaww.com/british-trans-comm...-artist-speech

https://technotrenz.com/entertainmen...y-1650472.html

“Whаt’s аbsurd is thаt you’re picking аnd choosing Adele’s words аbout herself to the point of аbsurdity.” Why cаn trаns people choose from hundreds of lаbels аnd be proud of themselves, but we women cаn’t? One Twitter user sаid, “Double stаndаrds.” “According to trаns rights аctivists, Adele murdered millions of trаns men аnd women tonight by referring to herself аs а Womаn аnd Femаle without mentioning them. Trаns rights аre no longer аvаilаble. Another wrote, “You won’t be missed…”
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Adele said “I understand why this has changed, but I really love being a woman and a female artist. I’m really proud of us." According to Puumph! on Twitter, this is a "call for the destruction of the trans community. Especially the confused teenagers. ”

Say whut?
      I can live with "Adele" being "cancelled".
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

FFS. I'm not a huge fan of Adele but she said nothing wrong. So women are no longer allowed to be proud to be women and be proud of what women can and do achieve.

There is a very nasty element to the trans community who seem hell bent on ensuring everyone hates them so they can claim discrimination.

Comment

Interesting point on one of the twitter replies 'and it shows they know “trans women” aren’t women at all.'

So trans women want to be seen as a woman but when they are and say they are proud to be a woman they'll get cancelled as well?

Interesting twist.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This whole thing was in reference to the fact they removed separate male/female categories, so was in support of that... how you read it as anti-trans is just daft. Good free publicity I suppose.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

FFS. I'm not a huge fan of Adele but she said nothing wrong. So women are no longer allowed to be proud to be women and be proud of what women can and do achieve.

There is a very nasty element to the trans community who seem hell bent on ensuring everyone hates them so they can claim discrimination.
              I've no problem with trans people. All the ones I've met have seemed to be fairly decent people, and don't take offence if I use the "wrong" pronoun when they know you're trying to be courteous. I'm not anti trans. I'm anti-transactivists. Just a bunch of men telling women what to do. Typical misogynists. Make the worst of CUK look like gentlemen.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

They do say nobody is as zealous as the newly converted, whether that's religion, a Californian moving to Idaho then ranting about how many out of staters are moving in, or an ex-smoker. Maybe the same applies here.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Dave is very good. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yes, I think a good many TSs, too many even if not all, are obnoxiously censorious and defensive.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X