• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help! Contracting with US company while in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Right, but only if you're a massive ****** because the post was clearly a professional one. We aren't children (mostly)
    Yeah but it's still open season for people to be rude.. I mean, even the mods are at it

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    National security. You REALLY think they might think they're vulnerable because you're an idiot who doesn't know how to read speed limits? Be open and honest. They already know you're a moron - your technical skills excepted.
    I stand by advice. Much safer in the right place
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the comments and advice! I need to do a lot of reading. I am a UK citizen (thankfully!) so that makes things less complicated. I am still very early in the stages of negotiation and am yet to see a contract of any sorts. I've come across W-8BEN forms in my current job, so I think I could manage that side of things. However, I will definitely reach out to Clarity Umbrella if I choose that option, it might be a good idea for me as I plan to not do this long term.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to find the right professional to review a contract?

Comment

Originally posted by MissT View Post
        Thank you everyone for the comments and advice! I need to do a lot of reading. I am a UK citizen (thankfully!) so that makes things less complicated. I am still very early in the stages of negotiation and am yet to see a contract of any sorts. I've come across W-8BEN forms in my current job, so I think I could manage that side of things. However, I will definitely reach out to Clarity Umbrella if I choose that option, it might be a good idea for me as I plan to not do this long term.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to find the right professional to review a contract?
        Anyone got the IPSE ones that were available once upon a time?

if you aren't planning to do this long term just use Clarity and get Lucy to sort something out for you. Tell her Eek says it won't be a problem and wait for the groan....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X