• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance and Motoring Conviction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I've never had a problem. And I've had loooots of points..
    Yes, in Spooks the MI5 officers always managed to drive right across London in about ten minutes. So they must have been clocking up points all over the place!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

OP. You need to help yourself a little bit. A few seconds looking in General would tell you this isn't the place to ask. Even the subtitle of the section should tell you.

You you looked around the Business / Contracts section you'll find a very very long thread sticked at the top called 'Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions'

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...questions.html

It's long but the same generic question of 'Will xxx affect my SC clearance' and the answer is always the same. We don't know. Wouldn't be a very secret process if we knew. Apply, tell them the truth and see what happens.

Lot more detail around it in there so go have a read.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkle009 View Post

Thanks for reply Lance.

I am going to get points from court, will that be a problem.
        I was on 6, got another 6 in court. No ban. That was around 2001/2 - 1st SC clearance came just after 5 years later mind, but I declared it.

You're not going to know till you try so just do it and tell them everything.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

National security. You REALLY think they might think they're vulnerable because you're an idiot who doesn't know how to read speed limits? Be open and honest. They already know you're a moron - your technical skills excepted.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X