• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GoFundMe speed record....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoFundMe speed record....

Car accident near me over the weekend, sadly a little girl died.

Got to admire the speed of the 'virtue signallers' that want to...."give Gracie-Ann a heavenly departure".

Time of accident to Time of 'fund me' - about 24 hours.

I don't think that's VS. VS would have no tangible positive outcome, this presumably has.
    Did you go post your thoughts on the GFM page?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have to admire the speed of somebody seeing people trying to do something useful, and then coming here to bleat about it.

It used to be what communities were all about - rallying around those in distress, but of course the special cases like yourself can't comprehend the idea of somebody seeing a tragedy and wanting to selflessly help and you must therefore see it with the veneer of your own pathetic selfishness.

In fact, let me put this succinctly: **** off you nasty little ****.
      Last edited by vwdan; 7 February 2022, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Did you go post your thoughts on the GFM page?
        Nope. Too tight to donate to get a chance to leave a comment.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I have to admire the speed of somebody seeing people trying to do something useful, and then coming here to bleat about it.

It used to be what communities were all about - rallying around those in distress, but of course the special cases like yourself can't comprehend the idea of somebody seeing a tragedy and wanting to selflessly help and you must therefore see it with the veneer of your own pathetic selfishness.

In fact, let me put this succinctly: **** off you nasty little ****.
          Chortle

Comment

At least this go fund me page is aimed at something good.

Over the weekend I've seen on my instagram feed someone sharing a post/story from a tattoo artist whose shop got broken into. There was also a list of stuff that was stolen and a go fund me page to help the artist buy the stuff back. Scummy move from the tattoo artist.

First, you set up a go fund me page IMMEDIATELY...how about you at least pretend to give cops a chance to find your stolen goods?

Second, too much of a cheapskate to get insurance?

And last, the average tattoo artist charges £100 an hour and ONLY EVER TAKES CASH (sometimes they ask for deposit via paypal). Do they declare ALL of their income? I don't freaking think so.

Tax evading scumbags if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              At least this go fund me page is aimed at something good.

Over the weekend I've seen on my instagram feed someone sharing a post/story from a tattoo artist whose shop got broken into. There was also a list of stuff that was stolen and a go fund me page to help the artist buy the stuff back. Scummy move from the tattoo artist.

First, you set up a go fund me page IMMEDIATELY...how about you at least pretend to give cops a chance to find your stolen goods?

Second, too much of a cheapskate to get insurance?

And last, the average tattoo artist charges £100 an hour and ONLY EVER TAKES CASH (sometimes they ask for deposit via paypal). Do they declare ALL of their income? I don't freaking think so.

Tax evading scumbags if you ask me.
              Probably thinking "oh **** I'm ruined" and rather in a panic.

Comment

We probably can agree that GFM is going a bit the KickStarter route, it's people's first choice rather than their last resort when they can't do things by normal means. Are their any checks and balances? Can you just set one up to your personal account?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  We probably can agree that GFM is going a bit the KickStarter route, it's people's first choice rather than their last resort when they can't do things by normal means. Are their any checks and balances? Can you just set one up to your personal account?
                  Yep, that's my main 'gripe'.

When I had to raise over 36k for (urgently needed) private operation for my youngest child just before 'covid' I never even thought of setting up an online begging page or asking (anyone) for money.

Instead we re-mortgaged, maxed out a credit card and used all of the family savings....you know, the 'old fashioned' way of dealing with things.

Comment

Nothing wrong with accepting help. Seems you have a bit of a problem that you call it 'begging', don't see why someone in your sort of situation shouldn't. Would you rather let your child die than 'beg'?

Why do you put Covid in quotes BTW?

Comment

Working...
                    X