• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mitch would

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch would

Don't tell warty they are putting models out of work!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ual-model.html

Is this the end of supermodels? PrettyLittleThing debuts its first virtual star to 'bridge the gap between Metaverse and real life' - but some claim it promotes 'unrealistic beauty standards'
    • PrettyLittleThing has debuted their first virtual model on their clothing website
    • UK-based retailer is aiming to bridge the gap between Metaverse and real life
    • Social media users have been asked to suggest names for the virtual model
    • Critics argue the character will make more unrealistic beauty standards
    Eyes are slightly glassy and skin too smooth but other than that it could be real, at least her assistants won't get beaten up or her septum disappear from all the nose candy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53738965-10473631-PrettyLittleThing_has_plans_for_their_virtual_model_pictured_to_-a-1_1643911882807.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	4203415
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

What happened to Mitch anyway, did he climb one mountain too high?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      ...her assistants...
      Is that a euphemism?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Is that a euphemism?
        https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ng-staff-again

Comment

To be fair I am surprised anyone is surprised this was going to happen. They can have whatever model they want without the model. This has got to be the way forward now. How can it not be? The tech is there as you can see from that picture. That's pretty impressive despite the points Veteran made and I'm sure that's just poor work rather than the capability not being there. Strange they've made such a bad job of the eyes though...

Doesn't get away from the question of what image of beauty they will portray though but that question has been around for ages when they use skinny models, not enough diversity etc. Same issue will be around digital or not surely. Any retailer making the pictures look too beautiful surely are shooting themselves in the foot when the reality doesn't match and they go elsewhere.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I suspect the end game will be you get body scanned at a salon then the clothes are chosen for you by AI and then your true to life Avatar models them for you.

Comment

Yep the work is amazing I remember Duke Nukem! , I just mentioned the eyes & skin as those give it away.

Comment

Working...
              X