• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's that Skippy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    sadly so, they did try very hard so respect to them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Very sad. The way the story was initially reported it made it sound like it was really just a matter of time to get him out and start on the movie dramatisation but presumably his injuries were less slight than believed.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Very sad. The way the story was initially reported it made it sound like it was really just a matter of time to get him out and start on the movie dramatisation but presumably his injuries were less slight than believed.

I imagine the main problem was that the well probably had several feet of cold damp mud at the bottom, which the kid would have been stuck quite deep in after dropping a hundred feet. So he would have been suffering from exposure, plus shortage of oxygen unless they pumped down fresh air.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I imagine the main problem was that the well probably had several feet of cold damp mud at the bottom, which the kid would have been stuck quite deep in after dropping a hundred feet. So he would have been suffering from exposure, plus shortage of oxygen unless they pumped down fresh air.
          I got the impression they could get everything to him he might need except a person. But at 5, he might not have been able to do what he needed. Can you imagine being the person on the surface sending him down things which will keep him alive, but unable to intervene? Everyone involved must be traumatised.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Now there's another kid stuck down a well. What is it with young boys and wells these days? Is it some new craze, like conkers?

2022-02-17 Race against time to save terrified Afghan boy, nine, trapped 33ft-down a well
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X