• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Nuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Nuts

"Shortage of KP Nuts and Hula Hoops looms after cyber-attack

Stores also warn of supply problems for McCoy’s and Tyrrells crisps after ransomware attack hits KP Snacks IT systems

A cyber-attack targeting KP Snacks could lead to a shortage of some of the nation’s most popular snacks including Hula Hoops, McCoy’s and Tyrrells crisps, Butterkist, Skips, Nik Naks and KP Nuts.

The company has sent a letter to partner stores saying the ransomware attack, which has crippled its IT and communications systems, could lead to supply issues until “the end of March at the earliest” as it “cannot safely process orders or dispatch goods”.

The warning message, sent out through the groceries wholesaler Nisa, said KP Snacks was going to limit the size of orders to retailers so it could “manage what stock we do have”, according to the website Better Retailing, which first published news of the attack.

On Friday 28 January we became aware that we were unfortunately victims of a ransomware incident,” said KP Snacks in a statement. “As soon as we became aware of the incident, we enacted our cybersecurity response plan and engaged a leading forensic information technology firm and legal counsel to assist us in our investigation."

https://www.theguardian.com/business...r-cyber-attack

Enabled by fking tulipcoins

Are Space Raider still 10p a bag?

Comment

After they announce the energy price cap change today, nobody is going to have money to buy nuts or crisps anyway.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        After they announce the energy price cap change today, nobody is going to have money to buy nuts or crisps anyway.
        It's been announced.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It's been announced.
          d000hg will accuse me of hating the UK for posting this, but hey-ho:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...se-ps693-april
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It's been announced.
            It hadn't been when I posted. Though I think it was an open secret.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

d000hg will accuse me of hating the UK for posting this, but hey-ho:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...se-ps693-april
              54% rise (initially, much more to probably follow) I hear. Fracking doesn't seem such a terrible idea all of a sudden...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

54% rise (initially, much more to probably follow) I hear. Fracking doesn't seem such a terrible idea all of a sudden...
                It's a good job we're shifting to entirely renewable electricity for all our energy and heating needs

Comment

Fracking doesn't seem such a terrible idea all of a sudden
                  Quite. As I said in a thread before, fracking would have supplied us more cheaply in the interim period as we wind down on high emission energy sources and give us extra money to pay for the green alternatives. Government strategies are all tick boxing, no proper analysis of facts.

PS No surprise that squirrel lover aTW would start a nut DOOM thread.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Fracking when you have huge empty tracts of land to do it on is one thing. Fracking in a densely populated nation is another. Haven't we learned from all the tin/coal mining!

Comment

Working...
                    X