• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sort of confirmed my suspicions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Unstitched wound? Luxury! When I was sent home, I had an unstitched wound, and I was pulling wadding out of it for a week, like a conjuror pulling hankies out of their mouth, and when I jumped up and down I rattled like a bag of spanners from all the forceps and clamps they'd left in. And when you tell that to young people today, they won't believe you!
    You must have had a very similar experience to me. After squeezing out 100ml of pus they put in yards of bandage which a nurse pulled out of me like Sticky Vicky’s act (she didn’t use her mouth). Wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.

I wish you hadn’t reminded me of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

You must have had a very similar experience to me. After squeezing out 100ml of pus they put in yards of bandage which a nurse pulled out of me like Sticky Vicky’s act (she didn’t use her mouth). Wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.

You do realise that some wounds need to drain freely, so stitching them closed would cause far more problems than some serious but sadly necessary discomfort...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

You do realise that some wounds need to drain freely, so stitching them closed would cause far more problems than some serious but sadly necessary discomfort...
        That’s what the surgeon said, but you know the public sector, he was probably just being lazy.

Comment

That’s what the surgeon said, but you know the public sector, he was probably just being lazy.
          By stopping you coming back in a week or two with a massive, and probably infected, abscess that would require both surgery and follow-up treatment to cure. So perhaps, effective rather than lazy...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I haven't used the NHS for years. Can I get a refund of some sort?

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
              I haven't used the NHS for years. Can I get a refund of some sort?
              Yes, they've been dishing them out for the past year or so in the form of injections - you get your rebate over 3 installments.

Comment

You may be too young to have watched much Monty Python, but my post was based on one of their sketches. I haven't really had an operation, or seen a doctor, for over forty years.

(The last time was in the 1970s, to get some ointment for an itchy ear, caused by too much use of Johnson's ear buds, and the doctor advised me that the only thing I should put in my ear is my elbow!)

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 4 February 2022, 13:07.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

It's not whataboutery. If we want to see how the NHS can save money, then the above is examples of how money was spent on the NHS's behalf, and if that spending had been done through the NHS it would have cost a lot less and delivered a lot more.
                  Privatising the NHS does not solve the problem, in fact completely the opposite. It's the result of trying to privatise procurement, bypassing the process to make sure it goes to "the right people" rather than the people who know what they are doing - that's the problem.
                  Stop making sense. You are in the wrong place for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X