• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colder than a Witches Tit and other Mod insults!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Never heard that and don't understand it. Eyes like a piss hole rat has two meaning to people I know. One is they are super observant because the piss holes relates to the outhouse toilets of old with no lighting so need to be able to see well. I've heard other people think it means when someone sees something they like their eyes go wide, like a rat would have to in a pitch black out house.

What does your saying mean to you?
    Oh interesting, mine is totally different... meaning someone who looks really rough after a night on the ale.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You're right, things have changed since 2003 or, in the case of "innit", the 1970s.
      It's different in the north-east. We only got black people recently.
      Wig-wam, cuz?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Oh interesting, mine is totally different... meaning someone who looks really rough after a night on the ale.
        Ah yes of course it does sorry and I use that one nearly every weekend, well my other half does . Was trying to match it to mine so put too much thinking in to it. You could say I couldn't see the wood for the trees. Yep the snow is a good one as well.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's different in the north-east. We only got black people recently.
          Wig-wam, cuz?
          Isn't wig-wam slang for vagina?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't think you can say it's getting less diverse just because some sayings are dying out, as long as new ones are being added at about the same rate. PArt of the fun of English is how it changes. You feel me, innit?
            These are sayings not pidgin English or slang !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butler_English

Though I suppose "I do the doings" and updation makes it a Creole?

Our teenager uses the word 'bangin' as in good, we reply with a picture of this.

https://www.heckfood.co.uk/blogs/wha...ages-in-tescos
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X