• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The train hasn't yet left the station, but the guard has blown his whistle.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The train hasn't yet left the station, but the guard has blown his whistle.

Originally posted by BBC News

Prof Sir Jonathan Van-Tam is leaving his role as England's deputy chief medical officer.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson thanked him for his "extraordinary contribution to our country".

The professor said it had been the "greatest privilege" of his career to have served the UK during the coronavirus pandemic.

He will continue to work for the government until the end of March before taking up a new academic role.
    I really hope someone signs him for a candid book deal on his time with #10.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I think when the dust settles those people that saved so many lives during Covid will go into the history books.

For Bojo haters he will be centre stage.

but Sir JVT is most definitely a man that made a real difference.

Expect the woke haters to whine.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The guy famous for saying when asked about the rules -

"In my opinion they are for the benefit of all. In my opinion they apply to all."

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I think when the dust settles those people that saved so many lives during Covid will go into the history books.

For Bojo haters he will be centre stage.

but Sir JVT is most definitely a man that made a real difference.

Expect the woke haters to whine.
        You're a woke hater, are you whining?

I think it's a shame how he and Whitty were abused by those who didn't like science when it disagreed with what they read on Facebook/Twitter/Trump etc
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You're a woke hater, are you whining?

I think it's a shame how he and Whitty were abused by those who didn't like science when it disagreed with what they read on Facebook/Twitter/Trump etc
          No I am a disliker of woke. Sometimes it provides an interesting viewpoint that changes mine, frequently though its misguided control freakery by people seeking their 15 minutes of fame.

Apart from intentional serious criminal acts and stupidity, I find little to hate.

Agree the idiots on social media where hardly sensible.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X