• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson tests positive for Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson tests positive for Covid

<place holder>
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Tomorrow to escape Rayner?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not going to happen . I expect a grovelling-ish apology before PMQs, without detail, in an attempt to save himself politically without implicating himself too much. It won’t work. He’s done for, it’s just a question of before May or after.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Starmer should be back today, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Not going to happen . I expect a grovelling-ish apology before PMQs, without detail, in an attempt to save himself politically without implicating himself too much. It won’t work. He’s done for, it’s just a question of before May or after.
          It won't be an apology, he doesn't know how to. It will be a Tory apology along the lines of: "I'm sorry if YOU think I did anything wrong, but everything I did was within the guidelines. We have come together as a nation to fight COVID and together we will beat it by sticking together, make sure you get your booster."
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Starmer should be back today, I think.
            So Starmer is going to ask a question.

Johnson will lie and go into a rant about Labour wanting a lockdown.

Starmer will point out it is a lie then ask another question.

Johnson will lie and go into a rant about Labour and Brexit.

On the last question Johnson will then go into a longer rant about how Tory are the party of low tax and how Labour aren't safe for the economy.

Comment

Oh and Rishi is 300 miles away from Westminster today.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If you are pwned by Angela Rayner then you should probably reconsider your career in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

If you are pwned by Angela Rayner then you should probably reconsider your career in politics.
                  Funny thing is, they have been already. (I know certain Tory stalwarts will jump in immediately here) She's doing a more credible job as a politician than they are.

...and the biggest thing that the Tory fan club go after her for today is that she has an accent that isn't Oxbridge/RP.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

It won't be an apology, he doesn't know how to.
                    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...as-party-video

But so far he is sticking to his guns this time round. Although that might be so he can surprise Keir with an unexpected apology at PMQs.

I shall be watching.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X