• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wotcha

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wotcha

Just started* work for 2022, how's everyone been doing since the week before Christmas? Sorry to miss the official NYE thread (I assume there was one). Hope not too many of you had your holiday plans spoiled by Covid - we escaped but every group thread I'm a member of has been full of it.

* it was a nice and dry (but frosty all day) so I did some outdoor work, couldn't bear to login.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Hiya!

TFA

I had a quiet one - visited the parentals on the 23rd, then HWMBO turned up on the 28th and we went down to the parentals to take them out for dinner on the 29th. CD was spent on my own, bliss! NYE was just HWMBO and I indoors watching tat on TV.

No covid! Have managed to avoid it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Sorry to miss the official NYE thread (I assume there was one). ..
      Not worry, AtW posted at the last minute on behalf of you. So you won!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My son and his family went to Abu Dhabi. My son tested positive for the pre-flight PCR, so now they're isolating. He's been a little under the weather but not really ill. Bit of a problem is that Elihad won't let you fly until you've a negative PCR which is tricky when you're recently recovered.

Meanwhile those of not in Abu Dhabi have had colds over the season. My youngest had it first - she was tested regular at college, so we know it wasn't covid. Then she recovered but I started getting symptoms so I didn't cook Christmas dinner like I normally do. Boxing day wife and other daughter started feeling poorly.

So didn't do much, but my daughter managed to provide a lovely bit of roast lamb. With the help of a little fortification I managed to do an ultra quick microwaved christmas pud, using the mincemeat I'd made in November.

Back at work now. From home, as ever.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Christmas dinner like I normally do. Boxing day wife and other daughter started feeling poorly.

So didn't do much, but my daughter managed to provide a lovely bit of roast lamb. With the help of a little fortification I managed to do an ultra quick microwaved christmas pud, using the mincemeat I'd made in November.

Back at work now. From home, as ever.
          You have an extra wife just for Boxing Day?

Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So didn't do much, but my daughter managed to provide a lovely bit of roast lamb. With the help of a little fornification I managed to do an ultra quick microwaved christmas pud, using the mincemeat I'd made in November.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

It was a quiet one.
              I managed to stay out of hospital, even though I wasn't very well which is a good thing.

Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                It was a quiet one.
                I managed to stay out of hospital, even though I wasn't very well which is a good thing.
                Glad you weren't in over Xmas, I nearly was last year, but escaped on the 23rd, phew! In fact thinking about it the last year is the first in the last 5 I haven't been in hospital other than blood tests. Hope you get a good run this year!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

You have an extra wife just for Boxing Day?
                  The curse of the missing comma.

Here's that recipe. Of course, we used rather more whisky than the recipe suggests. Just for taste, you understand. Tasted great.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Glad you weren't in over Xmas, I nearly was last year, but escaped on the 23rd, phew! In fact thinking about it the last year is the first in the last 5 I haven't been in hospital other than blood tests. Hope you get a good run this year!
                    Thank you
                    Last year wasn't too bad all up thinking about it. About 15 outpatient visits, 3 A&E's and 3 treated at scene.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Working...
                    X