• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minestrone's comments on moderation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minestrone's comments on moderation.

I thought I'd move his off topic posts here, as deleting them causes him considerable distress.

Of course, since the forum software is broken, I can't actually move them, so I'll quote them instead. And remove the originals.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by minestrone
    So, folks will not be aware. I made a funny OP about elton john.

Elton John - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

But I got some posts removed.

Can you tell me why?
    Sure. The post you made in the body of the thread was simply abusing one of the other responder, contrary to what's written here from around 6 months earlier. https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ive-posts.html

I think that deals with around six of the posts you made in the omicron thread. They've been deleted now as a) off topic and b) answered here.

Comment

If explaining..

actually dont bother.
      look, if you want to say "i delete your posts because I dont like you" i will respect that,

Oh, so you do want me to bother. OK.

I delete posts that are either off-topic or abusive. A few off-topic posts sure - threads diverge. But since you post your valuable words a sentence at a time, it pollutes the thread and makes it difficult to follow what's been talked about by others.

Comment

I thought it fair to give you a chance to address this.
        Jolly decent of you. But since I don't answer to you, kind of irrelevant.

Comment

Bangers and Mash
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Sure. The post you made in the body of the thread was simply abusing one of the other responder, contrary to what's written here from around 6 months earlier. https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ive-posts.html

I think that deals with around six of the posts you made in the omicron thread. They've been deleted now as a) off topic and b) answered here.
            The post was in absolutely no way abusive to any poster. What you are saying simply isn't true.

Considering folk are calling others arsholes on that thread it makes it seem odd that you deleted my post and kept them up.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

The post was in absolutely no way abusive to any poster. What you are saying simply isn't true.

Considering folk are calling others arsholes on that thread it makes it seem odd that you deleted my post and kept them up.
              Define "abusive"...

When I was writing the Moderation rules for another site some while back, we were careful to define what moderation is and what boundaries are necessary, but recognised that the subject content is highly subjective. In other words, you can cause offence very easily without necessarily meaning to by triggering someone else's sensitivities. The moderators were free to make their own decisions (else nothing would ever get done) and there was an offline appeals process for when they got it wrong. The moderation on here is much lighter touch and actually works rather well.

So saying "The post was in absolutely no way abusive to any poster.~" is merely demonstrating your ignorance or the general process rather than defending your OP. What you can do is protest directly to the mods, but the rest of us are utterly indifferent and don't want (or need) these things debated in public. If public debate is needed the mods will doubtless set that ball rolling themselves (and have done in the past).

Moderation is the ultimate in herding cats. You would do well to understand that - or, since you are such a model of upright civility, take it on yourself.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Here is that legendary post.
                Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

You really are thicker than the thickest of thick stuff, aren't you ?

Small touring acts (as in hard working non A List musos) didn't tour Japan, the USA and Australia. They toured the countries nearest them, where they had ease of travel and ease of border crossing with equipment and small crew. They now can't do that, because the costs and paperwork, introduced by the UK with their superb negotiating skills render that impossible.

So, you're answer to that is f**k them, you lost, get over it.

As I said earlier, complete arsehole.

Wot, are they too thick to understand it or something?
                As you can see, it was vital to the cut and thrust of debate, and if it had not been suppressed by the nazi/stasi-like moderators, would have fundamentally changed the course of human history.

Well, the court of inquiries reopened the case, and having reviewed the evidence decided that the post was in fact not abusive. Probably the moderator misread "they" as "you".

As a result the post has been undeleted. You really should have said something at the time. I'm so sorry you've been stewing over this awful injustice for over 6 months.

Comment

Comment

Trouble is, online you can't see if someone is joking or not. I usually greet friends or relatives with "Hello you ugly old ratbag" or something like that and they can see I'm joking.

PS Well, they think I am anyway.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X