• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I will not be moved...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    His house price must have gone up by now. I don't see why he can't negotiate with them. He'll sell so they can build either side but they build him a brand new one on his plot for nothing. They get the land, he gets a new house and everyone is happy
    He wants the same house he's lived in since he was born.

I'm sure there was a similar story in China of someone doing the same but he ended up being stuck in the middle of motorway....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There was a film about it.

Up.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Thatcher's right to buy was electoral love music.

Comment

I'm sure there was a similar story in China of someone doing the same but he ended up being stuck in the middle of motorway....
          Sounds similar to Stott Hall Farm, tucked below two divergent sides of the M62 in the wilds of the Pennines. Like most people probably, I assumed it was an obstinate farmer who had refused to budge. But apparently in that case the reason was more mundane, and related to a patch of dodgy geology:

2017-11-03 Life between the lanes: inside Yorkshire's motorway farm
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X