• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I will not be moved...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not be moved...

..out of my house so you have to build your estate around me.

Oh and thanks for the new drive!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/27/liver...ouse-15829162/

A man who refused to let his childhood home be demolished returned from hospital to find developers had built a new estate around him.
    Charlie Wright, 70, had for years refused to sell his four bedroom property in the Wirral, despite all his neighbours selling up and moving out.

The area became an open wasteland as all the other houses were flattened and an isolated Charlie was attacked and hit with a hammer in his own home.

After a prolonged hospital stay, he got back to discover he’d acquired 178 new neighbours as the new homes had been built anyway.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I dread to think what the quality of those new builds is like if they went from waste ground to occupied in under a year.

Comment

Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

The metro want to push this man as being an idiot. Makes people on trains with tulip jobs laugh.

Comment

He'd better call Saul - +1 (505) 503-4455

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

The metro want to push this man as being an idiot. Makes people on trains with tulip jobs laugh.
          Story is also in the fail...

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I presume those buying houses with a view of his house were able to negotiate a nice discount...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

His house price must have gone up by now. I don't see why he can't negotiate with them. He'll sell so they can build either side but they build him a brand new one on his plot for nothing. They get the land, he gets a new house and everyone is happy
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                I presume those buying houses with a view of his house were able to negotiate a nice discount...
                Have to be a big discount having a racist living opposite. I mean, he must be racist mustn't he? He's got England flags flying outside. Only racists do that don't they?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Have to be a big discount having a racist living opposite. I mean, he must be racist mustn't he? He's got England flags flying outside. Only racists do that don't they?
                  That's the British Union flag, not the English flag.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

That's the British Union flag, not the English flag.
                    Not only that he's hanging them correctly.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X