• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get ready...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get ready...

To get your third jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59465577

Covid booster jabs should be offered to all over-18s to help stop a potential wave driven by the new variant Omicron, UK government advisers say.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation said the minimum gap between the second dose and booster should also be reduced to three months.

And they recommended children aged 12 to 15 should be invited for a second dose three months after their first.

The experts said boosters should be prioritised in order of vulnerability.

The advice has been given to ministers in all parts of the UK. The JCVI only gives recommendations and the final decision on measures to combat Covid lies with the politicians.

It follows the government's announcement of new measures to contain the spread of the Omicron variant. Nine cases have so far been detected in the UK.

But, unveiling new rules on face masks and isolation rules due to come in to force in England on Tuesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson indicated the government would accept the JCVI's recommendations.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Come on, virtually everyone here is >45 and already eligible. So do we get boosters every 3 months now?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Come on, virtually everyone here is >45 and already eligible. So do we get boosters every 3 months now?
      Some people on here have children who are adults and teens so they need to know when to tell them to get jabbed.

Comment

I wouldn't bet against it! Some clinically vulnerable already being called for their 4th..

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Some people on here have children who are adults and teens so they need to know when to tell them to get jabbed.
          Why have you raised such feckless children that even as adults they're relying on your direction?

Comment

Why have you raised such feckless children that even as adults they're relying on your direction?
            Teens aren't necessarily adults.

Comment

Some people on here have children who are adults
              Do pay attention to what you write dear.

Comment

No we don't need a booster every 3 months.

Given this last variant has developed from countries where the vaccination rate is still very low (I think I read 24% but could be wrong), maybe the world should focus on giving the vaccine to those countries that need it the most before they think about giving out boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

No we don't need a booster every 3 months.

Given this last variant has developed from countries where the vaccination rate is still very low (I think I read 24% but could be wrong), maybe the world should focus on giving the vaccine to those countries that need it the most before they think about giving out boosters.
                  Shame this UK government can't think long term....

Comment

Shame this UK government can't think....
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X