• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Wars.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Wars.

Unfortunately this one really got out of hand.

Couple murdered over parking row when their two kids were in bed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...sleep-upstairs

A husband and wife were stabbed to death at their Somerset home as their children slept upstairs, police have said.
    Paramedics tried to save Stephen Chapple, 36, a teacher, and Jennifer Chapple, 33, who worked in a coffee shop, but they died of their wounds in their house in the village of Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton.

When police arrived they found their children, aged five and six, still asleep. Officers ushered them away, not allowing them to see their parents’ bodies.

Neighbours said there had been disputes about parking in the street and that police had visited on at least three previous occasions to speak to those involved.

Avon and Somerset police has referred itself to the watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct because of the previous contacts.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

My next door neighbours have five cars. They have space on their drive for all but it means shuffling the pack when one wants to leave.

Their solution is to park several opposite my house which makes it harder to get onto my drive.

When feeling petty I occasionally park as to inconvenience them but I may think twice about it now - especially as we are in dispute about their huge untended tree which is within 30ft of my house...

Comment

I suspect we will find their ex services neighbour has something like untreated PTSD.

Not excusing but makes sense.

Rather tragic.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

yeah we have a house in our street with ridiculous amount of cars - when they park over a drive the council comes and gives a ticket. It's painful and is the main topic of conversation on the whats app group. But this news story is shocking. Not that we know the details.

Comment

While it's never gotten particularly physical, my parents have had a really nasty dispute with their neighbours which has gone on for the best part of 30+ years now. Can certainly see how these things fester and escalate - naturally, nobody is interested when it's "minor" anti social behaviour, but over a period of decades even the slightest transgression can set you off even if the individual act is relatively minor.

(the summary is that they used to leave their own drive empty and park in such a way that reversing off our drive was a 10 minute million-point turn task. And this started when they were friends! So you can imagine how bad it got after they fell out)

But killing 2 people over it - jesus christ. What a ridiculous way to ruin countless lives - absolutely awful

Comment

yeah its frustrating when you have parking wars cos you get reminded every day and every time you look out of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              yeah its frustrating when you have parking wars cos you get reminded every day and every time you look out of the window.
              Happens occasionally in the close when those with large families have parties but mostly pretty well behaved.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

New builds dont come with much parking space these days

I guess the suspect was not happy with the victims parking 2 cars in one space

"tension between them accelerated three months ago after Jenny crashed her car into a vehicle belonging to the neighbour as she returned home"

Click image for larger version  Name:	50907291-0-image-a-2_1637744527658.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	4193449
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Fraidycat; 24 November 2021, 13:14.

Comment

A classic example of overcrowding - something will eventually snap.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I don't get it - If that's how they left their cars, the victims weren't even blocking in their neighbour's car.

The only potential grounds I can see for a complaint by the neighbour is that their car sticking out at the front makes it infinitesimally harder for the neighbour to look to his right when he is pulling out.
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 24 November 2021, 15:50.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X